Monday 12 March 2012

feeding....


Feeding the birds through winter and spring is a rewarding experience
This winter in particular my feeder has been a centre of activity,though a couple times I have found myself rushing out to scare birds away !
The crows and some very fat pigeons also like to have a go...
I was biased - I wanted the pretty birds: chaffinches, bullfinches, greenfinches
the great tits, blue tits, coal tits, sparrows and blackbirds all very welcome, but the bigger birds I viewed as pests, I didn't want them.
Today as I looked out at them - big and small
I realised just like the tares in the wheat
they need to be together-
my trying to scare away the bigger birds just scatters them all



So my table is open
we all need feeding one way or another
and so too, our other table is open to all who love the Lord
for our souls also need nourishment

No comments:

Post a Comment