Thursday 22 March 2012

frenzy


I have spent the day on paperwork
it was a necessary chore and it feels good to get it done
but while I was plodding away, making up lists, answering letters and the phone and thinking forward to Easter liturgies, I had a conversation with a dear friend.
He is unwell at present and I lectured him on not taking enough rest.
He assured me that I may see frenzy, but in between times he does relax.
Then he said he was just exhausted seeing the stuff I do (and of course he knew he only sees the half) and I jokingly said "oh you should have seen me a few years ago...."

So I had to ask myself:
Julie - do you really take your rest?
And just who are you serving when you get so tired you can't see?
My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.

Find rest O my soul, in God alone (Ps62: 1,5)

No comments:

Post a Comment