Friday 6 November 2015

NaBloPoMo #6 - Friday random

It's Friday - so that means Friday Five over at RevGals... plus there's today's NaBloPoMo prompt, so I'm going to do a wee combo.... 

On the blog, 3dogmom asks: random Friday Five out of the hat today.

What is your “gotta go!” breakfast that you can grab and take with you in the morning when you’re in a rush?
Oh my! Breakfast is the one meal I never rush! I don't eat bread or dairy due to food allergies; so my daily breakfast is eggs and bacon with mushrooms and tomatoes and spinach - the meal I would rush or skip is lunch - easy when you have a decent breakfast. 

When was the last time you had a fun evening out, and what did you do?
Wednesday was my birthday, and my beloved took me out for a lovely meal in a very special restaurant, very fine fare, and we had a sweet time. 
Last real 'fun' night was with good friends, eating, playing silly games and laughing lots. 

Favorite poet or poem?
Oh - a tie between George Herbert and Christina Rossetti: GH - Come my way - simply wondrous; Rossetti - Remember me when I am gone away - sublime. 

Who makes you laugh?
Lots of people! My boys; my sweetheart; Peter Kaye; Michael Macintyre... I don't like the ones who do swearing or bad taste - there is so much funny out there without resorting to that.

Where do you like to go for some “time apart,” in the way that Jesus took time apart?
The sea!! Oh yes the sea, or if I can't get to the sea then a river or a loch will do 





And Julia asked us for today's prompt - when you were about 8 what did you want to be when you grew up?
For the longest time I wanted to be a scientist - I can't remember when I first got the notion, but my whole senior school choices were geared to me working in a lab, doing research - I wanted to find a cure, or discover a new treatment - I never wanted to be a doctor - just the scientist in the background. 
It all fell apart, when after school I applied to work for ICI - passed the interview failed the medical - too many allergies which would bar me from laboratory work. 
But for those childhood years, I'd wear my little white coat (one of Dad's old shirts!), and play experiments with bottles and jars, water and plants from the garden... 

No comments:

Post a Comment