Tuesday 3 November 2015

NaBloPoMo Day 3: randoms....

Julia asks: NaBloPoMo Day 3: What's your random obsession? 

Cups, china, especially beautiful delicate impractical ones.... 
I've always loved delicate china; and in recent years I've begun collecting.
Now I have two very special sets both of which came from my parents.



One is a gorgeous, harlequin coloured set of tea cups, saucers and plates, and the other a pretty floral set of tiny coffee cups... 
The tea set was an engagement present my parents received in 1956


The coffee set was presented to Dad when he retired 





I've lots of others - tiny Chinese ones
big chunky ones
a pretty creamware set.... 

Most of them I bring out & use - tenderly hand-washing after each time
Dad's coffee cups are now especially special - as I think of him, looking down from heaven as I sip away! 





No comments:

Post a Comment